Equine Dentistry Services
Moore Equine provides complete dental care for your horse: we specialize in all aspects of equine dentistry from routine equilibration to advanced dental surgeries.
Our mobile clinic is fully equipped to handle even the most complex cases. We routinely use digital radiographs and endoscopy for advanced cases.
While we are based in Austin, we travel all over the United States to work with referring veterinarians and clients on minimally invasive oral surgeries and extractions. All standing procedures are performed using local nerve blocks and regional anesthesia. We invite you to call or email us to discuss your horses’ dental condition.
Dr. Moore welcomes opportunities to present lectures on equine dentistry for various groups. If you are interested in hosting a presentation or would like to learn more about equine dentistry, please contact us to schedule a presentation.
- Equine oral exams
- Dental equilibration and floating
- Root canal therapy
- Pre-purchase oral Exams
- Corrective work on wave mouths, step mouths, shear mouths, hooks, ramps, periodontal disease, parrot mouths/ overbites, and all other equine dental malocclusions
- EOTRH treatment
- Minimally invasive trans-buccal extractions
- Intra-oral extractions
- Standing minimally invasive surgical repulsion of teeth that cannot be extracted orally
- Minimally invasive intra-oral sectioning of cheek teeth
- Digital radiographs of all teeth and equine head
- Standing repair of fractured jaws
- Geriatric dentistry
- Treatments for dental related sinusitis
- Minimally invasive sinus surgery
- Periodontal Treatments
For FAQs about Equine Dentistry, click here
Moore Equine is pleased to offer portable digital radiographs. This allows us to obtain high quality images wherever your horse may be located. Digital radiographs are superior to conventional radiographs and allow the veterinarian to achieve higher quality images.
Moore Equine offers complete video endoscopy services at your stable or farm. Endoscopy is used for many different problems ranging from dental disease to stomach ulcers. We are proud to offer state of the art endoscopy equipment that allows us to get extremely high quality images and videos. Our Oral endoscope – this is a small diameter rigid scope – allows us to see a very high resolution and detailed picture of dental problems in horses. For example, oral endoscopy is used to better evaluate caries, periodontal disease, fractured teeth, oral trauma, and for minimally invasive dental surgeries.